Table of Contents
Backlink Analytics SOP
This SOP is on how to do a study and comparison on the backlink profiles of the client and the main competitors.
It also helps to:
- Identify strong backlinks from competitors to try to get them and improve the Backlink power.
This is useful for CSM’s and CSS’s when they identified the SEO rankings of a client are bleeding month after month.
Definitions & acronyms #
- CSM: Client Success Manager
- CSS: Client Success Support
1.Identify the four main competitors,There are two ways to do this:
- Ask directly to the client what they thinks are the main four competitors. (Sometimes what they think is not the real competitor in regards to SEO ,That’s why it’s important to do The following B methodology.
- In Agency Analytics go over to the left menu and click on SEO, and then on Rank Tracker, after this scroll down and identify a keyword important in which they are not in the 1st to 3rd position or that it has recently lost positions.Click on the Keyword and then select SERP. You will then be able to see the competitors ranking in first place. Make sure it’s not a listing such as Yelp or lawyers.com since we only want to use competitors websites. Video on how to do this.
2.Go to SEMrush.com and Select the “Backlink Analytics option on the left menu.
3.Enter the clients Domain and the 4 competitors domains