Press Release If We Don’t Get a Topic from Client SOP
This template will provide an overview of how the Content Team suggests press release topics whenever a client doesn’t have one in mind.
The Content Team publishes press releases quarterly for Market Leader and Partner clients. This involves researching a press release topic if the client cannot provide one.
Definitions & acronyms #
- Press Release: A document that announces a newsworthy story about a company that the media might want to cover and provides all of the pertinent information a reporter or editor would need
- Client: The most important person in the agency. They are Law Firms from all over the United States that seek services from the agency to get more leads and eventually turn that leads into conversion to increase their revenues and profits.
- Ticket: a document that records interactions between a customer and a customer support team. A ticket is created and shared between the customer and the support rep when a customer submits a query. The ticket logs their communication on a thread that can be used as a reference by each party.
- CSM: Client Success Manager
Step-by-step instructions #
Describe the process in detail using flow charts and/or hierarchical checklists.
- Step 1: The content team needs a press release topic for Market Leader and Partner plan clients every quarter. The Content Manager either reaches out to the client via ticket in Desk and asks them for a press release topic they have in mind or asks the CSM to ask the client through email or during their monthly meeting.
- Step 2: Whenever a client has no topic, the Content Manager or Content Support assigns the Senior Content Writer to research press release topics.
- Step 3: The Senior Content Writer researches press release topics.
- Step 3.1: After researching topics, the Senior Content Writer shares the press release topic suggestions with the Content Manager in a document.
- Step 4: The Content Manager sends the suggested press release topics to the client through a ticket in the subtask.
- Step 5: Once the client responds and chooses a topic, the Content Manager checks off the subtask.