The purpose of this document is to provide detailed instructions to reduce mistakes.
This document applies to a team member who wants to create a Classic Automation in MailChimp.
Definitions & acronyms #
- Mailchimp: A software that sends out the email sequence.
Step-by-step instructions #
- Step 1: Click the question mark icon on the bottom right of your screen.
- Step 1.1: Select in order
- Automation -> Classic Automation -> Continue -> Create a Classic Automation -> Click the link
- Step 2: Click “Custom” on the top right
- Step 3: Write the campaign name (ex: BWB Spanish Campaign) then select the correct audience and click “Begin”.
- Step 4: Once the classic automation is created, edit the trigger
- Step 4.1: Select in order
- Change Trigger -> Audience Management -> Sign Up
- Step 4.2: Change the delay to immediately and check the “Trigger when subscribers are imported” checkbox.
- Step 4.3: Click Update Trigger on the top right corner of your screen