PPC Offboarding SOP
How to process a client’s request when they want to pause a campaign.
This is useful for CSM’s when they receive a request to pause a campaign.
Definitions & acronyms #
- CSM: Client Success Manager
- MCC: Google Ads Manager Account (fkna: My Client Center)
- PPC: Pay-Per-Click
Note: add a diagram to the top of your protocol. Add screenshots and videos as needed to each step. Remember, we need to act as if the person reading this does not know anything or very little about our processes. This is a teaching tool, be very detailed, overly if necessary.
Step-by-step instructions #
GOOGLE ADS OFFBOARDING PROCESS:
- Step 1: Pause all campaigns on date requested by client in the cancellation notice
- If the client didn’t specify, please ask the CSM to confirm with them if they want us to keep their ads running until the last day of service
- Step 2: IMMEDIATELYUPON RECEIPT OF INTENTION TO TERMINATE SERVICES (*within the next 24 hours)
- Step 2.1: Do any final search term maintenance, recommendations / alerts clean up & account opti-score to 100% (accept / dismiss)
- Step 2.2: Download all local negative keyword lists, save to client files area in the cloud (in case client returns and lists are somehow not there if we resume management – also in case we take on a new client for same practice area in same area)
- Step 2.3: Download account in Google Ads editor / export
- Step 2.4: Do the same but by campaign and choose all campaigns vs full account. Upload into the client area in the cloud.
- Step 3: Disconnect agency MCC account on official last day of service date (does not apply if client disconnects us first).
REMARKETING OFFBOARDING PROCESS:
- Step 1: Pause campaign in Perfect Audience or Ad Roll as applicable, on date requested by client
- Step 2: Ensure login is in master sheet and provided to client
MICROSOFT ADS OFFBOARDING PROCESS:
- Step 1: Pause all campaigns on date requested by client
- Step 2: IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF INTENTION TO TERMINATE SERVICES (But after Google Ads is done)
- Step 2.1: Do any final search term maintenance, recommendations / alerts clean up (accept / dismiss)
- Step 3: No need to download anything.
- Step 4: Disconnect agency MCC account on official last day of service date.
GENERAL PPC OFFBOARDING PROCESS:
After all steps above except the MCC disconnection are completed
- Step 1: Ensure client is contacted with an email explaining how they are billed for each site. For example, Google and Microsoft Ads bills in advance.
- Step 2: They will receive a final bill from those sites typically no later than 30 days after full pausing of their campaigns. Often clients forget and are surprised to see a charge on their credit card for PPC from Google and Microsoft days or weeks after they requested pausing / terminated services.
This email and verbal communication by the CSM should avoid any questions or issues with the departing client.