Create NL Summary SOP
This template will provide the Content Support with an overview of creating a newsletter summary for the Social Media team.
As a Content Support, you must know how to create a newsletter summary. The newsletter summary is based on the previous month’s blog and is used by the Social Media team for the newsletter clients.
Definitions & acronyms #
- Newsletter: a small publication (such as an e-leaflet) containing news of interest sent to a group every month via e-mail.
- Blog: A monthly or bi-monthly feature appearing as part of an online publication published on the website that typically relates to a particular topic and consists of articles and discussions by one or more authors.
Step-by-step instructions #
Describe the process in detail using flow charts and/or hierarchical checklists.
- Step 1: Once a blog is approved by a Newsletter client, the Content Support proceeds to create a Newsletter Summary through the subtask in Teamwork.
- Step 2: From the Newsletter client’s G-Drive, there is an NL Bullet Template. (e.g. Accounts – Master Folders > Law Firm Marketing Pros Agency > Cohen and Juda, P.A. > Content (Blogs & PR) > Blogs > Blog Newsletter Bullets > NL Bullet Template
- Step 3: Open the NL Bullet Template document. Always make a copy, change the template’s title (the title is the month and day of the blog along with the month of the newsletter), and save it in the Blog Newsletter Bullets folder.
- Step 3.1: Make a copy.
- Step 3.2: Update the title of the NL Bullet Template (date of when the blog is published and month of the newsletter)
- Step 3.3: Save the NL summary in the client’s Blog Newsletter Bullets folder
- Step 4: Fill out the heading, blog link, and bullets ONLY. The subject line and intro paragraph will be assigned to and written by one of the content writers.
- Step 5: After filling out the headline, blog link, and bullets, go back to the task and assign one of the content writers to write the subject line and intro paragraph.
- Step 6: Once the writer is done writing the intro paragraph, check off the subtask, then send the NL Summary to the Social Media team via the Newsletter channel in Slack.
- Step 6.1: Check off the subtask
- Step 6.2: Send the NL Summary to the Social Media team via the Newsletter channel in Slack.